Terms of Upload
By signing up to the Global Connect Academy Platform (“Platform”) and uploading any type of content, including but not limited to information, lectures, videos, images, documents, presentations, audio, text, scripts, graphics, sounds, music, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, data and any other material to be hosted on the Platform (“Your Content”), You expressly agree to these Terms of Uploading.
You expressly give consent to the use of Your Content on the Platform. You, and not Global Connect nor its partners, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Platform. You expressly acknowledge and agree that the Platform provides you with a non-transferable access and that once You submit Your Content for inclusion into the Platform it will be accessible by Global Connect, its partners and/or the general public and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to Your Content, including any personally identifying information that you may make available online.
2. DESCRIPTION OF THE UPLOADING FUNCTIONALITY.
The Platform provides functionality that allows users ("You") to upload Your Content on the Platform in order create online e-learning solutions, including but not limited to courses, lectures, seminars, newsgroups, bulletin boards, forums, exams, quizzes and/or questionnaires. Depending on the type of the account you hold, You may obtain and offer a limited or unlimited number of accesses to Your Content. The terms and conditions of such accesses shall be jointly determined by Global Connect and You.
3. PROHIBITED CONTENT AND CONDUCT.
4. SUBMISSION OF YOUR CONTENT TO GLOBAL CONNECT ACADEMY.
You retain ownership of Your Content that You submit for inclusion into the Platform. However, by submitting Your Content to Global Connect, You hereby automatically grant Global Connect the following worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable and transferable rights and licenses to:
- host, cache, store, archive, index, crawl, create algorithms based on, modify or transcode Your Content to appropriate formats or standards; and
- use, distribute, reproduce, archive, modify, excerpt, adapt, prepare derivative works and compilations of, publicly perform and publicly display Your Content on the Platform.
The foregoing licenses granted by You shall terminate once You remove or delete, or request removal or deletion of Your Content from the Platform. In such case, Global Connect shall use reasonable efforts to avoid display of Your Content in any future material produced after the removal or deletion of Your Content.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Global Connect , and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, or other partners, and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your use of and access to the Platform, the submission or related use of Your Content, Your violation of the Terms of Uploading, Your violation of any rights of another person or entity, and/or Your violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
6. GLOBAL CONNECT RESERVATION OF RIGHTS.
In addition to all other legal remedies available to Global Connect , You acknowledge that Global Connect has the right to remove Your Content from the Platform or refuse to include Your Content in the Platform, suspend or terminate Your account or refuse to grant You access to any current or future use of the Platform, with or without warning, if Global Connect , in its sole discretion, believes You have: (i) violated or tried to violate the rights of Global Connect or others; or (ii) violated or tried to violate or acted inconsistently pursuant to these Terms of Uploading.
7. INVALIDITY OF SPECIFIC TERMS.
If any provision of these Terms of Uploading or any document incorporated by reference is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of such documents remain in full force and effect.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.These Terms of Uploading shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Global Connect that arises in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the use and access to the Platform shall be submitted to the Civil Courts of Malta, and resolved definitively in accordance with the Code of sports-related arbitration. These Terms of Uploading, together with any other legal notices published by Global Connect on the Platform, shall constitute the entire agreement between You